Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Kindness ALWAYS Wins



























One day, Brittney my stepdaughter,shared with
me a story about someone she knew at school who had lost their daughter. I could only imagine what a brave mom this woman must be to live on without her precious child. Little did I know when I heard Kelly and Caitlynn’s story that I would soon have an unbreakable bond with them.








Kelly lost her beautiful daughter on
September 14, 2017.  Caitlynn was
19 years old when she passed away. She
was a vibrant and loving young person.  











Caitlynn enjoyed baking cupcakes, playing sports and
watching movies, especially the scary ones. She was a
lifeguard and managed to be very charitable during her
short time on earth.



I never had the privilege of meeting Caitlynn. However, I
did have the pleasure of meeting her mom, Kelly.
After meeting Kelly, I read Caitlynn’s Facebook page named
Caitlynn’s journey. It was very apparent to me how many
lives Caitlynn and her mom had touched. They are
obviously loved by many.


Kelly started Caitlynn’s Random Act of Kindness.  She had
cards with Caitlynn’s name on them and passed them out for
others to pay-it -forward by doing a Random Act of Kindness in
Caitlynn’s memory. I remember thinking to myself, “WOW!!!
What a great way of remembering her sweet daughter and to
spread kindness in her honor.”


On May 24, 2018 I lost my daughter, Meghann. Several months
later, I was reminded by Brittney, of Caitlynn’s journey.






There is no way anyone can GET OVER a death of a loved one.
Sometimes the best way to MOVE ON from a loss of any kind is to do
something that will help others.



I wanted to do something in Meghann’s honor that would possibly last for
years and bring a smile to someone’s face. I believed that over the 30 years
that Meghann graced this earth she was responsible for making a lot of
people smile with her friendly, and loving personality as did Caitlynn. 
I also believe that by providing others with a Random Act of Kindness
and bringing a smile to their day would give me a glimpse into Meghann’s
smile again. After all, isn't that why we are here? To love one another.
And don’t we all need to smile more often and feel loved?










In honor of Caitlynn we are going to pay-it-forward by 
establishing Meghann’s smile. We decided to use one of Caitlynn’s
pay-it-forward cards to begin Meghann’s SMILE and Random Act of
Kindness.In  honor of Meghann and with Caitlynn’s beautiful soul
leading our way.

Meghann’s smile campaign has begun.  

We are sending out many Random Act of Kindness cards to friends and
family. The only requirement to join in honoring Meghann is to
do something nice. Once you have put a smile of someone's face then
hand them a card so they can have fun by doing a Random Act of Kindness.
You can post your act of kindness on Meghann's Facebook or drop me
a note about it. I will post it (with or without your name) for you.
There are cards that you may print off on Meghann Marie Facebook
page. If you would like me to mail you some cards I would be more
than happy to send them. Private message me on Facebook, email,
or text. 
                                    https://www.facebook.com/MeghannMarie1987/


I want to thank everyone who has participated so far in Meghann Marie's
Random Act of Kindness and for all of those on Caitlynn's page who have
paved the way for us to join in.

A special THANK YOU to Kelly for inspiring us with Caitlynn's Random
Act of Kindness.





Here are a few thing that have been happening with Meghann Marie SMILE
campaign.

Students are being helped with school supplies, life threatening
medication has been purchased, yard work, food, meals, and many more
SMILES spread.
Remember you do not need to make it a monetary kindness. Kindness
may be helping someone shovel a sidewalk, reading to an unsighted
individual, or a kind word.

FYI- 
 In my next blog, I will be sharing something that I 
have been working on for several years. I am excited 
and nervous to put it out to the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment